Why become a Freemason?
Masons have their own reasons why they enjoy Freemasonry. The following is a sample of some of the reasons given:
- Achievement - progressing through the various offices in the Lodge to become Worshipful Master.
- Knowledge - finding out about the history and mysteries of Freemasonry.
- Brotherhood - making new friends and acquaintances from all walks of life, every background and age group.
- Education - learning from peers and mentors by practising ritual and making short speeches.
- Charity - being able to contribute to deserving causes, both Masonic and non-Masonic.
- Self improvement - making a contribution to your family and society.