This is a list of famous Romanian Freemasons.
Freemasonry is a fraternal organization which exists in a number of forms worldwide. Throughout history some members of the fraternity have made no secret of their involvement, while others have not made their membership public. In some cases, membership can only be proven by searching through the fraternity's records. Such records are most often kept at the individual Lodge level, and may be lost due to fire, flood, deterioration, or simple carelessness. Grand Lodge governance may have shifted or reorganized, resulting in further loss of records on the member or the name, number, location or even existence of the Lodge in question.
Since Romanian Masonry has been suppressed in communist era, records of entire Grand Lodges have been destroyed. Because of this, masonic membership can sometimes be difficult to verify.
- Alecu Russo - Romanian writer, literary critic and publicist.
- Alexandru G. Golescu - Prime Minister of Romania (1870).
- Alexandru Ioan Cuza - Romanian ruler (Domnitor) of the Danubian Principalities, 1859-66.
- Alexandru Paleologu - Romanian essayist, literary critic, diplomat and politician.
- Alexandru Vaida-Voevod - Three-time Prime Minister of Romania.
- Carol II King of Romania (1930–40).
- C. A. Rosetti - Romanian literary and political leader, participant in the Wallachian Revolution of 1848.
- Carol Davila - Romanian Physician.
- Cezar Bolliac - Radical Romanian political figure, amateur archaeologist, journalist and Romantic poet.
- Christian Tell - Romanian politician, 1848 revolutionary, Mayor of Bucharest.
- Constantin Argetoianu - Prime Minister of Romania, 1939.
- Constantin Daniel Rosenthal - Romanian painter and 1848 revolutionary.
- Dimitrie Bolintineanu - Romainan poet, politician, 1848 revolutionary.
- Dimitrie Bratianu - Prime Minister of Romania (1881).
- Dimitrie Sturdza - Four-time Prime Minister of Romania, president of the Romanian Academy (1882–1884).
- Duiliu Zamfirescu - Romanian novelist, poet, short story writer, lawyer, nationalist politician, journalist, diplomat and memoirist.
- George Valentin Bibescu - Romanian aviation pioneer, Grand Master of Romanian Grand Lodge from 1911 to 1916.
- Gheorghe Asachi - Romanian writer, poet, painter, historian, dramatist and translator.
- Gheorghe Grigore Cantacuzino - Prime Minister of Romania.
- Ion C. Bratianu - Romanian politician, three-time Prime Minister of Romania.
- Ion Ghica - twice Prime Minister of Romania, four-time President of the Romanian Academy.
- Ion Heliade Radulescu - Romanian academic, poet, essayist, memoirist, short story writer, newspaper editor and politician.
- Ion Minulescu - Romanian poet, novelist, short story writer, journalist, literary critic and playwright.
- Mihail Kogalniceanu - Prime Minister of Romania (1863–65), Liberal statesman, lawyer, historian and publicist.
- Mihail Sadoveanu - Romanian Novelist, short story writer, journalist and political figure, Grand Master from 1932.
- Miron Cristea - Patriarch of the Romanian Orthodox Church (1925–39), Prime Minister of Romania (1938–39).
- Nicolae Balcescu - Romanian historian, journalist and 1848 revolutionary.
- Nicolae Titulescu - Romanian diplomat, government minister, President of the League of Nations.
- Octavian Goga - Prime Minister of Romania (1937–38).
- Samuel von Brukenthal - Baron of the Holy Roman Empire.
- Simion Barnutiu - Romanian philosopher and politician.
- Titu Maiorescu - Romanian literary critic and politician, Prime Minister of Romania (1913–14).
- Traian Vuia - Romainan inventor and early aviation pioneer.
- Vasile Alecsandri - Romanian Poet, playwright, politician and diplomat.